Wednesday 22 October 2014

Hello Autumn and Hello Vince.......

The weather has told us otherwise up until today, it has been so warm and the light so exquisite. The studio door has been wide open until last week which I am truly grateful for as I have missed the beach and thinking about it too much and attempting to conjure it up is a great mistake for me, it freezes my imagination.
The door being open has had another significance it has meant my new companion can run around...it is two years to the month that 'Sophie' my lovely dog died. It has taken up until now to be able to accept a new dog into the house. 'Vince' is a present from my partner for my significant birthday I celebrated last month. We are getting to know each other and he is a wonderful little character growing and changing daily.
I have a solo show next month so apart from Vince that has been my other preoccupation it starts on the 17th November and runs until 23rd December. The Beaux Arts Bath Gallery is a beautiful listed Georgian building with a very intimate feel. I am really looking forward to seeing it all hung especially the largest piece I have made... 'When sea meets sky'........
There is also the small matter of Lee Green Open Studios in the middle two weekends of November....more details to come. x

No comments: