Friday 22 May 2015

It's been a while.........

I have not posted for a while and I have missed it strangely, I think because I have been painting away for a show in 2016 my mind has been elsewhere. I had some great news yesterday that has certainly put a spring in my step and that is that I have two pieces this year hung In Royal Academy Summer Exhibition! I feel super excited and am so looking forward to seeing them there.
The process of selection has changed to a digital one in the last couple of years and there are a couple more hurdles to cross. I was selected but not hung last year which feels like a tease, being accepted or rejected by this particular institution runs deep.
I am a great fan of Norman Ackroyd and he was on the selection committee this year and I wanted to hang my little (5cmx5cm) so badly. So next week I am off to Varnishing Day....Yipeeeeee
I am also being featured in Coast magazine in The August edition, an article about my past spending lots of time at my beach hut thinking and enjoying my surroundings. Looking forward to seeing that too


'The Visitor'

No comments: